Job title: Transport Planner
Contract: Permanent, full time
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.30
Acorn Recruitment are currently searching for an experienced Transport Planner to join our distribution client based in Chelmsford.
The main purpose of this role is to plan and control the activities of the Company's Transport fleet, including sub-contractors, to optimise cost-effectiveness and use of resources. The successful candidate must provide a high quality service to both internal and external customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Consistently product optimum vehicle, work and route allocation in terms of timings and cost.
* Ensure the fair and legally compliant distribution of driver work and complete the Drivers debrief process accurately.
* Develop a network of national transport services to ensure services are delivered cost efficiently.
* Liaise with customers to ensure that deliveries and collections are organised and conducted in line with customer requirements.
* Ensure delivery issues are fully communicated to operational teams and resolved in a timely manner
* Maintain a road worthy fleet including organising ad-hoc or regular servicing of vehicles
* Work with all other Transport teams throughout the Company to support their work
* Produce KPI and financial reports where required
* Experience of working within a Transport Planning, or similar, role
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to liaise across all levels of a business
* PC literate with knowledge of Microsoft systems
If you are interested in progressing your career with a fantastic company, and you fit the relevant criteria mentioned above then please apply online today!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.