Job title: Import Coordinator
Salary: Competitive depending upon experience
Contract: Permanent, full time
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.30
Acorn Recruitment are currently searching for an experienced Import Coordinator to join our client based in Chelmsford.
Reporting into the Operations Supervisor, the main purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of the import process on behalf of the Company, liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies to ensure efficient deliveries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Obtain and communicate all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met
* Liaise regularly with suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information
* Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments
* Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions
* Maintain all files ensuring they are priced and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management
* Assist and cover the export operations when required
* Experience of working within an Import role, ideally for a large Logistics company
* PC literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to liaise across all levels within a business.
If you're interested in working for a fantastic company, and you fit the criteria above, then please apply online today.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.