Job Title: Technical Manager
Are you a skilled Engineer, looking for an opportunity in a Commercial Role?
Acorn is currently recruiting for a Technical Manager for our client based in Caerphilly, South Wales.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the purpose of the role is to manage the Technical Services Department that comprises a team of engineers and administration staff whose primary role is the production of lintel schedules and to provide lintel technical design support to the clients' range of customers.
The accurate, efficient scheduling of lintels is a critical part of the lintel sales process and the Technical Department work closely with customers and their designers to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
* Ensuring that the servicing of customer scheduling requirement is carried out in
accordance with targets agreed internally and with the customers.
* Recruiting, motivating, training, developing and organising the technical team, managing
its performance and reward, to maintain an effective workforce capable of meeting its
current and projected objectives.
* Driving change and improvement to ensure the department's staff and processes match the
changing requirements of our customers
* Managing external engineers who carry out contract lintel scheduling for Catnic
* Monitoring changes to Building legislation in partnership with the Product Development
* Identifying market requirements for current and future products.
* Understand competitors' products and service.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will ideally be educated to degree/HND standard in a Civil, Structural or Building Engineering, but we will also consider individuals who are qualified through experience at this level.
You should be capable of producing structural calculations and interpreting architectural drawings and should ideally have experience of the following:
* Working in the Building/construction industry in a technical or design role.
* Managing and developing a team of staff.
* Understanding and providing first class customer service.
* Excellent communication skills and strong analytical ability.
* The ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
* The job holder will be expected to show sophisticated influencing skills and demonstrate
analytical and planning ability, as well as a commitment to achievement of targets.
For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary.
* 35 days holidays per annum.
* Company Bonus.
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution
/6% employee contribution).
* Private Healthcare.
* Annual Pay Review.
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and
also various local services.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Rachel.Sheehy@acornpeople.com TODAY
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.