Health & Safety Manager
The role of the Safety Manager is to advise the Directors and Managers on all Health, Safety and Environment matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations.
The Health and Safety Manager should use their skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in work place. You'll be responsible for ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
The hours of work are 08.30 to 17.15.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Providing guidance and leadership to the business on H, S & E best practice.
· Translating H, S & E regulatory requirements into deliverable policies and practices.
· Keeping abreast of H, S & E Legislation and liaise with the legal authorities.
· Reviewing H, S & E data, information, legislation etc. and communicate to management as
· Carrying out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
· To outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant
· Preparing health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
· Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and
· Keeping records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
· Recording incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
· Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and
Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's
· Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
· Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances,
noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
· Managing Projects linked to improvement with HS&E on site.
· Any reasonable additional duties requested or delegated by your manager.
· A good understanding of Health, Safety and Environment matters with a relevant qualification (NEBOSH Certificate).
If you are interested in this Health and Safety Manager role please apply via the link.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.