Acorn is searching for a Maintenance Engineer to join a large international food manufacturing company based in Gloucestershire.
As part of the Maintenance Team, the Jobholder will be responsible for providing engineering support for the site, responding to plant breakdowns and progressing preventative maintenance for the site. Maximising plant reliability, performance, product quality & safety. This is to be done in conjunction with guidance provided by the Maintenance Team Leader and site SLT.
The successful candidate will primarily work days, but will be required to provide out of hours cover 1 week in 4. You can expect to earn a minimum of £3,000 extra with on call pay.
- Carrying out electrical and mechanical repairs to plant and equipment in the event of
any fault or breakdown and as part of the site PPM system.
- Identifying the root cause of problems and applying problem solving logic in developing
solutions in order to prevent re-occurrence, and confirm to internal & legal
- Managing engineering stores to ensure that essential items are kept in stock.
- Undertaking day to day work and management of contractors ensuring that work is carried
out in a safe, effective, efficient and economical manner, meeting the required
- Managing the facilities of the factory ensuring statutory compliance, and where required
undertake risk assessments & document procedures.
- Actively promoting culture based safety and the application of all Health, Safety &
- Providing electrical advice / recommendations to the Maintenance Team Leader & Plant
Manager with regard to relevant improvements / projects.
- Assisting the department in the ordering of spares, maintain and update records of the
plant and equipment.
Skills & Experience:
- C+G or HNC/NVQ qualification.
- Electrical engineering bias, with mechanical knowledge would be advantageous.
- Time served multi skill engineer.
- Formal electrical qualification plus detailed knowledge / experience of control
automation equipment (HMI/PLC/SCADA etc.).
- Microsoft Office skills.
- 17th Edition qualified.
- General Service skills: Air; Gas; Water; Electricity etc.
- Time spent in a production environment with Strong fault-finding and breakdown skills
Proactive and a good team-worker.
If you feel your skills and experience can fulfill this role, apply today, or get in touch with Sarah Blanchard at Acorn Recruitment.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.