Acorn Recruitment is searching for a Chemical Process Engineer to join a client based Liverpool.
Forming part of the management team of a top tier COMAH site, the purpose of the Chemical Process Engineer will be to design, optimise and plant changes on the site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that technical and manufacturing projects are progressed to meet the business objectives of cost, timescale and fitness for purpose. The role will also involve supporting the manufacturing department by monitoring performance of processes and implementing improvement measures.
Duties will include:
- Scope and design manufacturing and capacity improvements.
- New product requirements and technically accountable for process and plant changes made
within these projects and ensuring the required procedures are followed.
- Ensuring that all new plant equipment (including modification to existing plant) is
designed to meet customer requirements in a cost effective and efficient manner with due
regard to safety and legislative requirements.
- Developing and implementing strategies to enable the company to progress and
- Striving to improve QSE standards while at the same time reducing cost and
- Taking responsibility for plant procurement and contractor selection.
- Managing and controlling construction activities on site, including contractor permits,
monitoring ensuring sub-contractors are competent to perform the tasks asked of them.
- Monitoring project progress with respect to time and cost and report this information to
the Managing Director / Board of Directors.
- Organising and managing plant commissioning activities.
- Maintaining comprehensive engineering records during all phase of a project including
documentation required for production and maintenance plant operating procedures.
- Liaising with regulatory authorities as and when required.
The ideal candidate:
- A degree in Chemical Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience in batch manufacturing on a COMAH tiered site.
- Experience at managerial/supervisory level.
- 40hrs per week, 8am-4pm.
If you feel your skills and experience can fulfill this role, apply today, or get in touch with Acorn Recruitment and ask for Olwen to discuss the role further.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.