An opportunity has arisen to join an international Aerospace and Defence company as a Propulsion Mechanical Technician in Stevenage.
The successful candidate will be on a 6 month contract that is likely to be extended.
- Installation of grounding points skin to skin and riv nuts. Large structure assembly.
- Fitting of cleats and brackets, general fitting and assembly of small riveted aluminium
- Bonding tye-bases and plates.
- Working from electronic work instructions and drawings to produce satellite panels and
- Recording information within appendices and on electronic production system.
- Working in accordance with Local, Company and Project specific methods and procedures
including relevant cleanroom and cleanliness requirements.
The ideal candidate:
- Able to work from drawings and electronic work instructions.
- Knowledge of satellite structure assemblies or similar.
- Fitting, bonding, general assembly abilities.
- Experience of working to methods and procedures used.
- Previous experience in other industries such as Aerospace mechanical fitter, close
tolerance sheet metal worker, time served mechanical technician.
- Experience from F1/ Motorsport and Automotive will be considered.
- Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level.
- Experience of method and procedures used within Aerospace.
- Orbital Welding would be a plus.
- £19 an hour + 20% shift uplift.
- Onsite parking,
- A great company to have on your CV.
If you are interested in working for this amazing company, please apply online or contact Liam Hancock at Acorn, Newport.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.