Acorn is recruiting for a Shipping / Customs Clerk on behalf of a client, a company that represents the world's leading shipping companies.
This company has a global focus shipping from every key automotive production region in the world. The company requires an experienced Customs / Shipping Clerk to join its expanding team. The ideal candidate will have experience within Sea Freight.
Responsibilities will include:
- The Sea Freight Import / Export Customs Clerk job is directly involved with all
imported / exported goods received into the country of destination.
- Obtaining charges and cargo release details from freight forwarding
agents and shipping lines.
- Ensuring any payments due are made in advance of any shipment as required.
- Processing all payments and raising necessary paperwork for accounting purposes in line
with company requirements.
- Arranging the release and transportation of goods received to cargo importers.
- Liaising daily with external agents and clients to ensure the smooth and efficient
discharge of their duties.
The ideal candidate:
- 2+ years' experience in an Import / Export / Customs Carrier Management role.
- Experience working with HMRC & Border Force - advantageous.
- Extensive AEO knowledge - advantageous.
- Experience of working in an ETSF or Customs /Bonded warehouse - advantageous.
- A professional qualification in Customs Import / Export or International Trade.
- A background within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
- Commutable to Bristol.
This role offers competitive salary and benefits. The company prides itself on its positive working environment and delivery of excellent service to their customers.
What's on offer:
- Paying a basic salary of between £20,000 - £25,000 DOE.
- Free parking on site.
- Monday to Friday working hours (9am - 5:30 pm).
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Company Pension
- Ability to train to support ships agency role.
Please send your CV to Rachel.Sheehy@acornpeople.com TODAY to be considered.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.