Acorn is seeking a Graduate Electronics Engineer to join a market leading electronics' company based in Cardiff, South Wales.
Established in 1993, they design and manufacture electronic devices for the automotive industry. They are the market leader in the UK and sell products around the world.
They are currently experiencing expansion at home and abroad with the release of new and enhanced products and are now offering a unique and opportunity to a career-orientated individual to join our team.
Experience working within the automotive industry would be beneficial as would an interest in cars generally.
A good telephone manner is essential as once trained you will assist in providing technical support to our trade customers on a day to day basis.
All applicants must have a degree or HND in electronic engineering and relevant previous experience.
A thorough understanding of the principles of electronic circuitry and components is essential as you will need to be able to analyze the analogue circuitry and switches used on modern cars.
You will be involved in the ongoing development of our products and the varied role will feature a wide range of activities including;
* Car switch gear exploration and the creation of all production and customer installation instructions for new vehicles.
* Assist with a major project to improve our document system which includes all build and test specifications.
* Provide technical support to our network of installers worldwide via the telephone.
* Manage regulatory processes involved in certifications for all new products.
* Assist with creation of on line learning e.g. instruction videos for our Installers.
* Development of test jigs, helping to debug problems, testing new solutions on vehicles and providing holiday cover for Test.
All applicants should be career minded with an extremely professional and positive attitude towards their work and working environment.
Degree or HND in Electronic Engineering is essential.
Experience of using a CAD or drawing package is preferred.
Own transport is essential.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.