An excitingly rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Compliance Officer on a part-time permanent basis.
Applicants must have experience within compliance. Ideally, you will be a qualified within ISO 9001- if you are not you will need to demonstrate you can write audit reports etc.
The Compliance Officer is responsible for the on-going management of of the company compliance management system, which incorporates Information Security,, Gambling Commission (including Remote Technical Standards), Data Protection and GDPR, Environmental and Quality.
* To facilitate the on-going management of the companies Compliance Management System.
* Ensuring that compliance policies, processes and procedures are maintained, up-to-
date and being followed throughout the organisation.
* Conducting internal audits of all company compliance systems, across all departments
to ensure compliance is being adhered to.
* Preparing and presenting reports that reflect audit's results and document process.
* Conducting internal audits in-line with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and
ISO 27001, which includes reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports, and
policies and procedures to determine accuracy and effectiveness, as well as ensuring
compliance with local laws and regulations.
* Escalating issues and incidents to the Management Team / Operations Forum
* Conducting and aiding incident investigations.
* Managing or participating in external audits conducted by assessment bodies, external
auditors and clients.
* Conducting awareness training with staff to ensure Compliance is embedded into
* Aid improvement discussions with department heads.
Key skills and attributes:
* Proactive and Self-motivated.
* Open-minded, observant, perceptive, tenacious and self-reliant.
* Must understand International Standards management system methods and be able to
demonstrate knowledge of ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
* Recognised auditor qualification.
* Excellent report writing skills.
* Good IT skills, specifically Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to prioritise with a sense of urgency.
* Organised with attention to detail, time management and coping under pressure.
* Ability to use own initiative, work well as a team and maintain
* Friendly and approachable.
Apply today if you feel you are suited to the role and are interested in this exciting opportunity.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.