Acorn Finance is currently searching for a Compliance Officer to join a growing establishment in Newport.
Having recently gone through a funding round which will drive the growth of the business for the next 5 years, the company is looking to double its headcount along with further developing their operations over the European continent.
This particular role will involve reporting to the Chief Financial Officer of the organisation and will ensure that all ongoing operations and future proposals are compliant with the relevant regulatory bodies.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a risk-based Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP),
ensuring reviews are appropriately implemented and performed.
- Ensuring all compliance policies, procedures, systems and controls are up-to-date
- Maintaining all compliance documentation to ensure it is fit for purpose, accurate
and up to date with all regulatory changes.
- Identifying and managing compliance training to ensure that staff are aware of their
regulatory compliance obligations and raise their awareness of their individual
obligations in relation to regulatory, escalation and reporting requirements.
- Acting as an advisor to the business operations and provide guidance, advice and
support in relation to all regulatory matters and ensure continued technical
understanding of the activities and regulations.
- Ensuring that, where necessary, individuals are duly and correctly registered (and
de-registered) with the FCA as Approved Persons.
What we're looking for:
- Preferably a graduate with significant experience in the compliance / risk field.
- A background in Financial Services and preferably the insurance market.
- A confident character who is able to challenge and advise the senior management
team / directors on key regulations and risks.
- Extensive experience of dealing with FS regulatory bodies. Beneficial if you have
experience dealing with AFM.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary up to £40,000.
- Private medical and life insurance.
- Bonus subject to performance.
- 5% pension both sides.
- Future opportunities to progress within the group.
Apply today if you feel you can fulfil this role or feel free to get in touch with Luke Robert, Acorn Recruitment for more information.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.