Salary up to £52,000
Acorn Recruitment is searching for a Quantity Surveyor to join a growing team in Exeter.
This FTSE250 company is looking for someone to take responsibility of controlling costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and focus on providing clients value for money.
Main duties will include:
- Implementing and developing commercial KPI's, incentives and improvement targets
for the Delivery Alliance, Engineering and wider business as appropriate.
- Managing improvements to contract documentation, contract letting and management
- Production of first, second and third tier delivering provider's performance data to
support contract reviews.
- Maintaining and uploading inflation indices and quality checking of data and entry
into the Engineering Estimating System.
- Analysis of all costs in the Engineering Estimating Systems whilst developing new
cost models in support of business requirements.
- Developing expertise in the suite of the New Engineering Contracts (NEC3 & NEC4).
- Estimating input to the CEDAR process, liaising with the cost consultants to ensure
anomalies in findings are resolved and that appropriate target setting is achieved.
- Providing support and advice to the Commercial and Framework Manager and functional
Management team as required.
The ideal candidate:
- Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management Degree or equivalent which is accredited by
- Previous experience of Quantity Surveying and commercial role with the broad
experience in the water of similar capital intensive industry.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of construction contracts and estimating.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to enable effective working at all levels.
- A salary of up to £52,000.
- Private pension.
- Sharesave scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Maternity / paternity pay.
- Working for a FTSE250 company.
APPLY NOW or contact Cory Elliott at Acorn Recruitment on 07769 935714.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.