£26,260 a year
As a business, our client is driven by four values of Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be Customer Obsessed. The business run by these values and they are reflected in all of their positions, especially in the Field Manager roles where you will engage with couriers to ensure the delivery of parcels to customers.
What does the field manager do?
* First and foremost the field manager makes sure that the courier teams deliver customer's parcels
* They are the point of contact for the couriers when they have issues, cannot attend work or need guidance
* Ensuring that all work that has been allocated has been picked up by a courier. Where this is not the case working on finding solutions to ensure that our customers' delivery is achieved
* Review tracking data to ensure that couriers are on track and where relevant step in to check if there are issues and offer solutions
* You will also be responsible for courier recruitment and "on-boarding"
All in all, it's a busy job!
What will you bring to the Field Manager role?
* The ability to deal with people and conflict
* A "can do" attitude
* The ability to think on your feet and come up with solutions to problems
* A good geographical knowledge of the area
* An approachable manner with a strong desire to get the job done
* An understanding that a role of this type is not your average 9-5 and will involve working on a weekend on a rotation basis
What support will the Field Manager receive?
* You will work alongside Compliance Managers to ensure that key parcel delivery targets are met
* Sub depot and main depot teams will be on hand to offer assistance as required
* Our client is committed to developing its people and you will have the backing of your management team and the wider business to really achieve in your role and career with the business
What will make you our ideal candidate?
* As an agile member of the team, you will work out of a number of locations within your geographical area of Paignton. This flexibility is key and you must appreciate this
* As part of your role, you will review and own the service performance of self-employed couriers and be responsible for delivery coverage within designated areas. Your ability to demonstrate experience in assessing results and implementing change will make you stand out to us
* Your job is for someone who is able to efficiently prioritise pressing needs where there isn't an obvious solution and provide feedback to the wider business. Your experience in leading teams and ensuring end results will be vital
Previous experience of managing a team, coaching and interviewing / recruiting people is essential. Please do not apply if you don't have this crucial experience as unfortunately, we will not progress your application.
We understand that the Field Manager position is a demanding yet rewarding role, it's a lot of responsibility and we are looking for colleagues to join our client who have the experience and desire to drive a great customer experience in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
We can offer you a competitive salary, company car, location allowance, bonus, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays and great benefits including extra opt-in benefits too.
This is a great time to be joining our client, they have grown year on year and have plans in place for future growth which give you the opportunity to grow.
* Management: 1 year (Required)
* Training / coaching: 1 year (Required)
* Interviewing: 1 year (Required)
If you feel you are a great fit for this role please contact John Readdie at Acorn Recruitment
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.