Acorn Recruitment is searching for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join them on a permanent basis within their Pontypool office, where you will be reporting directly to the Senior Book Keeper and Senior Estates Manager.
You will be working within a small team for a family run property business and responsible for the accounting function of the business.
Duties will include:
- Using the accounting software up to and including trial balance.
- Checking of invoices.
- Inputting data into accounts package for the whole accounting function.
- Paying suppliers by writing cheques or via bank - ensuring all credit periods are
used to the business best advantage.
- Producing bank reconciliation statements regularly.
- Processing weekly and monthly payroll - up to 8 employees in total.
- Receiving rent payments.
- Issuing receipts.
- Taking banking to the bank.
- Maintaining the petty cash system.
- Maintaining simple manual books.
- Credit control.
- Liaising with accountants.
- General administration.
- Answering telephone enquiries.
- Meeting, greeting and dealing with clients entering the premises.
- Issuing works purchase order numbers and follow up works that you have instructed.
- Arranging for contractors to visit properties for quotes/repairs.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience of working within an accounts based role.
- Experience of using Farmplan or similar system would be advantageous.
- Experience of processing a weekly and monthly small payroll.
- Credit control experience.
- Registration under rent smart wales, already existing or gained immediately after
joining, is essential.
- AAT Qualification desirable not essential.
- A current Driving Licence is essential.
- Paying a basic salary of £22,000.
- Monday to Friday working hours (8 am - 4 pm, 9 am - 5 pm or 10 am - 6pm - flexible
approach with 1 hours lunch).
- Free parking on-site.
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension plan
Apply today for immediate consideration.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.