The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance.
Tasks and accountabilities:
Working with engineering and regulatory authorities you will be responsible for:
* Building strong relationships with international regulatory authorities and customers to challenge conventional thinking and lay the foundations for programme approvals aligned with novel technology and concepts of operations.
* Supporting business development teams to devise viable approvals solutions to meet customer and internal requirements.
* Working with design and operating teams to maintain an ambitious approvals roadmap for programme services and capabilities.
* Achieving business sign-off for approval deliverables.
* Architecting and delivering approvals solutions to enable timely service start-up
* Staying abreast of emerging technologies, regulations and stakeholders for stratospheric RPAS.
This role will involve considerable business travel.
Skills and experience:
Successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Well-developed collaboration and relationship-building skills at senior level and, preferably, in an international environment.
* Broad experience in regulatory approvals covering both operational and technical domains
* Track record of leadership in cross-functional teams across multiple locations, languages, markets and working styles.
* Strategic and innovative thinker with proven capability to influence both internally and externally.
* Experience at senior level within a regulatory environment with a demonstrable delivery track record.
* Ability to define, develop and deliver complex multi-stakeholder programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
* Proven ability to assimilate and apply knowledge of complex and novel technology.
Desirable skills and experience
Successful candidates will demonstrate many of the following attributes:
* A broad, preferably international, network within the aviation and RPAS domains.
* Experience in dealing directly with aviation authorities at senior level.
* A broad knowledge of the latest developments and regulatory changes in the RPAS and wider aviation domains.
* A good understanding of national and international air traffic management, airspace and flight rules as they pertain to high-altitude RPAS operations.
* Sound knowledge of risk management, airworthiness and safety engineering in an operational aerospace application, preferably including the JARUS SORA methodology.
* Broad industry and academic knowledge in RPAS and satellite technologies.
* Sound knowledge of aviation training and competence management as applicable to RPAS.
* Knowledge of satellite operations and service delivery.
* Knowledge of global climate and meteorology in the context of high-altitude RPAS operations.
* Project management experience and a track record of delivery to time/cost/quality.
* Ideally you should be at least degree qualified in a relevant technical subject with Chartered status or equivalent.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.