Our client who is a major Industrial Service Company, have an immediate vacancy for a Project Controls Officer to support a major project delivery into a Nuclear new build project.
* To work with established Company policies and procedures and Comply with the current:
* Health & Safety Policy
* Quality Policy
* Environmental Policy
* Work with the Planning and Commercial teams to monitor project progress and recommending changes as required
* Ensure records are substantiated and adequate daily records are kept on project delivery.
* Produce weekly progress reports in collaboration with the planning functions
* Record as-built records and allocate data to activity schedules
* Ensure that early warnings are raised and monitored in accordance with the NEC3 contract programmes in reduce exposure and impact to the project and the client.
* Ensure contract changes / compensation events are captured, ensuring that impact evaluation on costs and schedules is undertaken with the Commercial team
* Implement adequate project controls to improve the efficiency and enhance the profitability of projects, including debt management
* Ensure timely programming and change notifications are communicated
* Use a variety of software packages (including Microsoft suite, etc)
* Produce project close-out reports whilst liaising with all relevant departments to ensure that lessons learnt are captured and fed back appropriately
* Attend client contract review / progress meetings on a regular basis.
* Support LEAN principles across identified projects / work faces
* Undertake any duties as and when required.
Qualifications and Person specification:
* Ability to organise own work effectively and efficiently.
* Proficient in Excel for use in estimating, cost reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
* Excellent communication and organisational skills.
* Report Writing
* Ability to have attention to detail and prioritise tasks
* Ability to work as part of a team and across departments
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
* Ability to plan and manage fluctuations in project resources (Labour, Plant, Materials).
* Earned Value Management
* Knowledge of Construction & Health & safety regulations.
* Knowledge of CDM 2015 regulations would be advantageous
* Can demonstrate successful leadership in process improvement.
Qualifications and Training:
* PMI, APM, PRINCE2 or similar
* P6 primavera (desirable)
* Business Administration NVQ Level 3 certificate (or higher would be desirable)
* Major Project experience min 5 year.
* Experience in Industrial Coatings Scaffolding, installation and removal practices would be advantageous.
* Working Knowledge of Temporary Works would be desirable but not essential.
* Producing reports and presentations
* Managing technical documentation
* Managing teams across multiple project locations at the same time.
* Experience of NEC3 Contracts
* Project Control experience min. 3 years.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.