Acorn Recruitment is seeking a Commercial Assistant/Analyst for our global, market leading client based in North Bristol. This is a great opportunity to work for a manufacturer who offer a friendly, corporate working environment. This position would be ideal for a Finance/Business graduate.
This is a full-time role of Commercial Assistant to assist the Commercial Manager in supporting new business growth and improving profitability of existing business.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Calculation of pricing quotations for existing and potential business
- Understand and report in detail on the site commercial position in terms of sales and profitability
- Support the tracking of new business opportunities by working closely with the sales team
- Identify and deliver profit improving opportunities
- Minimise quotation and sample turnaround time
- Provide information for monthly reporting on new business, profit improvement actions and quotations
Other duties will include the organisation of samples for customers/exhibitions; preparation of presentations for customers and ad-hoc research into specific markets supporting our business growth.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of using MS office
- Knowledge of basic commercial principles
- Self-motivated with an ability to plan, organise and prioritise
- Results driven and change oriented
- Problem solving skills
- An ability to communicate effectively
- Effective in building constructive relationships (internal and external)
- Strong team working skills
- A business related degree (or similar) will be an advantage.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.