Our client has won a significant Project Award on a major Nuclear New Build project has an immediate requirement for a QHSE Manager.
The role will be offered on a permanent staff basis and will be based out of our clients office at Aztec West Bristol.
- Prepare QHSE strategies and develop internal policy.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Ensure equipment is installed safely.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Oversee development of quality plans, procedures, forms and checklists for quality.
- Implement the QA management system at site, providing QA support and guidance to the project development team.
- Distribute relevant QA documentation to site subcontractors.
- Ensuring the effective execution of QA management plans to achieve quality, through company quality process, and the active participation in readiness checks and quality gate reviews.
- Reporting quality status, KPI's, quality incidents and root-cause-analysis.
- Coordinate and assist site internal and external audits including ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001; and other applicable standards.
- Control all non-conformance reports and ensure remedial action is undertaken.
- Ensure quality management system records are maintained and kept readily available.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.