Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
Overview of role
Perform F&DT stress investigations and analysis using SA available data to support A321XLR programme deliverables.
Contribute to F&DT inputs for A321XLR programme maturity gates and reviews, e.g. PDR, CDR, etc.
Accountabilities of the role
You will perform F&DT structural analysis activities within the A321 XLR Wing project engineering team.
Activities to include and not limited to:
* Creating Preliminary stress sheets in support of Design Reviews, Justification dossiers in support of Certification.
* Pre sizing new or modified structure - liaising with Static and Design engineers
* Contribute and compile F&DT review activities for functional deliverables.
You have proven track record of:
* Producing F&DT calculations with minimal leadership or supervision and presenting those calculations in a concise and clear manner
* Operating within a multi-functional (Engineering, ME, procurement, Aero, Programme) and actively contributing to team goals
* Generating engineering solutions which are optimised to assure enhanced business / customer value (trade between performance, weight, cost, manufacture….), whilst maintaining focus on deliverable quality and programme schedule
* Finding creative solutions to complex problems and low RF resolution
* You will have experience in airframe engineering and preferably on Wing structures
* Communicate technical subjects effectively and accurately to both specialists and non-specialists
* Adherence to Airworthiness regulations, relevant design principles, processes, methods and manufacturing capabilities guidelines
* Experience using the companies Fatigue and Damage Tolerance analysis methods and tools including ISAMI, Legacy AUK and Harmonised Fatigue approaches.
Experience / Skillset / Qualifications
* Experience in an Engineering structural analysis role.
* Preferably SA Wing structures experience
* You may have held F&DT approval signatory with an Aerospace company
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.