We are recruiting for a SHE-QA Officer in Deeside.
This is a fantastic opportunity for right candidate to join a large Blue Chip organisation in a pivotal capacity.
To take an active role in managing the QA and SHE functions in the Deeside factory and offices, maintaining approvals to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and EN1090 via external audits. Via proactive engagement with all stakeholders, ensure that our quality and SHE systems support and align with our products and services so that they meet the expectations of our customers at all times, whilst maintaining high standards of safety with the aim of continual improvement and striving for zero accidents.
Provide in house training on a variety of SHE-QA related topics and work based competencies to ensure our workforce is appropriately qualified and competent to carry these tasks out in a safe manner, as well as specifying and arranging any externally supplied training needs.
* Assist in maintaining company SHEQA management systems in accordance with ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001. Perform inspections and audits as appropriate, and take a proactive stance in resolving highlighted issues.
* Ensure all teams, production processes and products adhere to the appropriate QA standards and SHE systems via active liaison and face to face interaction
* Take an active lead in accident and near miss investigations, and ensure that root causes are established and appropriate actions put in place to prevent recurrence
* Provide in house in training in line with our refresher period requirements.
* Provide advice on support on any adhoc activities eg: maintenance tasks to ensure they are performed safely
* Take an active lead in site emergency preparedness, audit the sites emergency equipment and systems, assess the site for fire risks and ensure regular refresher training is delivered for fire and spill containment emergencies
* NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent
* Experience in working in manufacturing sector
* Experience and working knowledge of ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and OHSAS18001 / ISO45001
* Practical experience of implementing SHE systems, performing risk assessments, producing safe systems of work etc
* Competent in MS Office suite.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks and work cross-functionally to identify issues and implement solutions and improvements
* Practical experience of delivering training
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.