Linux Support Analyst, Application Support Analyst, Software Support Analyst, UNIX, Linux, Solaris Weblogic, Oracle, SQL Job title:
Linux Support Analyst / Software Support Analyst Location:
Our global solution focused client, based in the business hub of Newport, is searching for an enthusiastic Technical Support Analyst to support their varied product suite. Our client is a committed market leader delivering products and solutions in the communication, media and high-tech sectors. They're keen to utilise the latest bleeding edge technology, and as a result offer Cloud solutions using SaaS.
They are looking for a Technical Support Analyst who is a confident communicator and can provide support for their products using a range of technical skills including UNIX and SQL Scripting. This role will provide the perfect opportunity for someone with application / software support the chance to further develop their skillset with the potential to move into product ownership related roles.
You would be working in an extremely innovative and vibrant atmosphere with a strong team culture that rewards good performance. You would also get exposure to supporting Telco and Media giants and the potential to travel abroad. If you are a great communicator with strong application / software support experience and technical skills this is the role for you! Key responsibilities:
- Supporting major clients by gaining an in depth knowledge of their implementation and critical business processes.
- Gain exposure to customer projects for UAT and delivering new software whilst providing post release support.
- Using your technical skills / experience such as Linux administration or SQL queries to resolve customer issues.
- Providing documentation of support issues in order to ensure best practise in future.
- UNIX (Solaris and/or Linux) experience.
- Knowledge of Oracle (OR another relational database, such as Sybase or MS SQL), such as basic SQLs / queries.
- Able to maintain an application within WebLogic (OR another application server platform, such as Borland, Apache or JBoss.
- Experience providing support to a large number of users.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.