Acorn Finance are working on behalf of a professional services organisation in Newport that are looking for an accounts assistant on an FTC of 12 months to join their busy accounts department.
No two days will be the same as you'll be responsible for supporting different areas of the accounts department, including the management accountant with month end reporting, sales ledger team in raising & chasing down invoices, purchase ledger team with ensuring that all payments are authorised and processed and the payroll team as and when required.
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000
Location: Newport (Onsite parking)
What the role will involve:
* Updating and maintaining customer accounts.
* VAT preparation and submission.
* Assist the payroll team where required.
* Assist in the production of management accounts.
* Assisting with year-end statutory reporting.
* Raising and submitting invoices onto the sales ledger.
* Posting any purchase orders to the purchase ledger.
* Bank reconciliations when required.
What we're looking for:
* Ideally AAT Level 4 qualified or similar.
* Excellent IT skills with significant exposure to Excel and Sage.
* Previous experience in a similar role.