Acorn is looking to recruit an Electrical Reliability Engineers for our client, Vale Europe, Nickel Refinery in Clydach, South Wales.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the purpose of the Reliability Engineering role is to provide engineering services associated to delivering necessary reliability of the equipment in order to achieve area plan. These services include engineering assessments, leading equipment Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEAs), developing service strategies (short and long term), engineering solutions through design, continuous improvement and coordinating FEL studies.
* Conduct and/or coordinate assessments on equipment and infrastructure to develop risk profiles and mitigation strategies for Safety, Health, Environmental and Operational threats to the business (Prescribe).
* Facilitate meetings with management teams to discuss potential risks and recommend control actions (Coordinate).
* Support management to develop Shutdown (PMP), 5-Year Operating Master Schedule and COMAH written scheme (Life-of-Plant) maintenance plans by projecting required maintenance work (Coordinate)
* Develop and maintain Asset Integrity Program for site (Coordinate)
* Set, establish and optimize service strategy for assets (Prescribe)
* Lead and/or support equipment failure investigations using FMEA and RCFA tools (Coordinate)
* Support business case development (Capital and Operating) (Service Giving)
* Analyse data to identify chronic and costly equipment problems, eliminating repetitive failures, reducing maintenance cost and improving reliability (Coordinate)
* Initiate and lead improvement initiatives (CI Projects) and special projects as required (Service Giving)
* Coordinate Engineering Studies(FEL) and Detailed Design (Coordinate)
* Enter/screen engineering requests and coordinate external engineering services (Coordinate)
* Review designs and proposals to ensure compliance with plant requirements (Service Giving)
* Facilitate design reviews and design preliminary hazard reviews (Coordinate)
* Support plant with engineering design (sketches and simple designs) (Service Giving)
* Provide technical field support to the Maintenance and Operating Departments as required (Service Giving)
* Support the maintenance business processes (VPS Technical) and tools (i.e. SAP) (Service Giving)
* Ensure all work follows applicable Engineering practice, Engineering standards and Central Maintenance standards
* Support Engineering Manager in delivering the Execution Plan through development and execution of appropriate engineering support and maintenance strategies to deliver required reliability.
* Lead continuous improvement projects generating savings up to $500K per year
* Manage FEL studies up to $5m
* Develop fixed and mobile equipment strategies with value up to $80m
* Develop service strategies to achieve targets set for lagging Reliability Metrics (example OEE, Availability and Compliance to Operating Master Schedule)
* Conduct up to 150 Asset Integrity assessments per year
* Audit compliance to existing service strategies and identify opportunities for improvement strategy
Qualifications / experience:
* Mandatory Certification: HND Engineering (Mechanical or Instrument & Electrical)
Minimum 2-5 years' experience in Engineering related roles (Excluding Apprenticeship).
* Preferred knowledge and understanding of Maintenance Engineering, reliability engineering, project management, design, VPS Technical and SAP.
* Preferred certification: SC or BEng in Engineering (Mechanical or Instrument & Electrical).
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Continuous Improvement
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Must be skilled in data analysis and problem solving.
* Must have strong organisation and time management skills.
* Have the ability to influence without authority.
* Takes initiative and is able to self-direct to accomplish goals with minimum supervision.
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
This role will be working permanent days Mon to Friday.
* Competitive Salary
* AIP Bonus 18%
* DC Pension with 8% Employer contribution.
* BUPA Medical Insurance
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.