Job Title: Legal Secretary
Hours: Full Time, Monday - Friday
Acorn is searching for an experienced Legal Secretary on behalf of a growing, fast-paced organisation on a full time, permanent contract. The successful candidate will be joining a team in a busy office in Barnstaple.
The role will encompass administration tasks as well as speaking with customers on a regular basis over the phone.
Responsibilities and duties:
* Drafting a letter of representations ready to be presented to the NHS
*Case work to include reviewing and typing medical records
*Providing general administrative support
*Answering the telephone and directing calls.
* Taking messages accurately and passing to appropriate person(s).
* Providing information to callers where possible.
* Providing general administrative support, including data entry and typing.
* Photocopying and scanning documents and filing.
* Receiving, sorting and forwarding incoming and outgoing mail.
* Greeting visitors to the Company in a highly professional manner, creating an outstanding
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role drafting letters of representation
* Or Law degree
*Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential including the ability to
relate to people at all levels.
* Resilient nature as dealing with highly sensitive client information, and sometimes
* Professional telephone manner and the ability to take messages effectively and
* Good spelling and grammar.
* Good computer skills to include working with Outlook, Excel and Word.
* Good secretarial skills, such as an eye for detail and accuracy.
* Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Enjoy working in a busy environment.
* Good team player.
* Flexibility to work outside normal office hours may be required from time-to-time.
*22 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
*Monday - Friday 9.00am-5.15pm
*Regular staff socials outside of work
*Being part of a team of individuals, working in a role where you are genuinely helping vulnerable people.