Site Quality Lead
We are currently searching for a Site Quality Assurance Lead in Flintshire, working in a large manufacturing facility. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious forward thinking individual who has strong team management experience.
- Through the leadership of a team of Quality Assurance Technicians, provide support to the operations team in delivering the Site Quality Objectives.
- Develop the team of Quality Assurance Technicians to ensure they have skills and behaviours required to fulfil their role. Demonstrate at all times our company values - Excellence, Respect, Creativity and Responsibility.
- Ensure consistent application of NPI quality standards and processes at all times. Ensure Quality Assurance Technicians provide support to Shift Operational Leader / Team Leader in investigating and defining CAPAs for quality failures, customer complaints, Non conformances and audit findings.
- Represent site based Quality through the attendance of the Daily Operational Review (DOR) to ensure all quality matters are addressed and responded to in a timely manner.
- Manage customer sampling and ensure any such samples are submitted in accordance with customer requirements.
- Manage all aspects regarding the control of non-conforming product and any associated paperwork, communicating with relevant parties throughout.
- Ensuring that all operational quality employees adhere to the company defined quality standards, practices and work instructions
- Ensure compliance with company and site Quality System and site HACCP plan requirements
- Develop and support the quality team through continual coaching, mentoring, observation and review
- Confirm and prioritise resource with the appropriate delegation to create and maintain a high performing quality team.
- Ensure CI tools are applied consistently by Shift Quality Assurance to company standards ensuring permanent fix is put in place to prevent recurrence of non-compliances and complaints.
- Manage attendance of team in accordance with the Attendance Management policy, utilising appropriate systems to record information of this nature.
- Numerical / verbal reasoning
- Computer literate
- 5 years + experience in a QA capacity within an FMCG environment, previous leadership experience is desirable but not essential
- Education in Quality related subject essential
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.