Manufacturing Manager, Engineering Manager, Manufacturing, Technical / Engineering
Job title: Manufacturing Manager
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 DOE plus Bonus and Benefits
Acorn Recruitment is working in collaboration with an award winning, high-flying global manufacturing organisation on the outskirts of Plymouth in search of a Manufacturing Manager to join their busy Operations Management team...
This is a full-time permanent position with a salary range of £60,000 - £65,000 dependant on experience plus a performance related bonus. Good location accessible by all means of public transport. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to build a long-term career with a forward thinking, multi-national company.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* The effective leadership and management of all Production areas (Sheet Metal, Paint and Assembly) with a total of approximately 300 staff.
* Health, Safety and Welfare within the Production departments.
* The achievement of output targets including delivery, quality and productivity.
* Effective Management of workload against capacity.
* Close liaison with Customer Services and Customers to provide excellent levels of service.
* As a Member of the Senior Management Team, working effectively with the full range of internal and external stakeholders.
What's in it for me?
* £60,000 - £65,000 DOE plus a performance related bonus.
* 39 hour week / Monday to Friday / Permanent and full-time.
* Relocation package available.
* Family Medical Insurance, Life Insurance and Defined Contribution Pension.
* 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays.
* Fruitful Company Pension Scheme / Free onsite parking / Access to Company Rewards Portal (providing discounts at over 850 stores) / Further benefits.
General education, knowledge and experience relevant to this role:
* Strong Engineering background.
* Minimum qualification HNC in Production or Mechanical Engineering (Electrical Engineering would be considered).
* Management / Business qualifications at level 5.
* Experience of managing in a multinational company.
* Experience of managing greater than 200 staff.
* Experience within a medium to high volume, large scale manufacturing business.
* Automotive background - Desirable.
Production Management knowledge and experience relevant to this role:
* Sheet metal, metal cutting, forming and welding.
* Knowledge of paint application processes an advantage.
* High and low batch quantities.
* MRP, Lean Manufacturing (Kanban, SMED, TPM, Continuous Improvement).
* SPC and statistical process capability.
* Modern process experience essential: CNC machinery, robot welding, automation, etc.
Engineering Management knowledge and experience relevant to this role:
* Production engineering, planning and new product introduction.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
* A track record of improving manufacturing operations.
* Proven improvements of HSE, delivery reliability, productivity and quality.
* Experience of developing a strong team ethos.
* The ability to coach and mentor team members towards high-performance.
* Strong capability for problem solving and organisational change.
* Computer literacy.
Attributes required for this role include:
* Exceptional leadership capabilities.
* A methodical and thorough approach.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Relationship building.
* The ability to work effectively while under pressure.
* Self-reliance / Self-starter.
* Effective team-working.
* Creative thinking.
* A high level of resilience.
* The ability to resolve issues and push through to successful conclusions.
If you feel your experience can fulfil this role and you are interested in working for a fantastic company, please send a recent copy of your CV to email@example.com
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.