An opportunity to join an international Aerospace and Defence company as a Repair Design Engineer for an initial 12 month contract, which is likely to be extended.
As a Repair Design Engineer in this company, you will be based in the Filton office. You will carry out design engineering activities, liaising with the various stakeholders to ensure the success of the multiple major repair solutions currently being undertaken. Also, define and deliver technical solutions in accordance with relevant design methods and procedures.
* Design pre-defined major repairs to suit the fleet's needs
* Interact with chief engineers to determine potential repair risks
* Support customer services to deliver reactive major aircraft repairs
* Investigate and resolve in-service issues
* Contribute to technical design reviews
* Minimum HNC/HND qualification and relevant engineering experience.
* Ability to interrogate design documentation and drawings
* Ability to liaise/negotiate at all levels of the organisation including Customer Services and suppliers
* Demonstrate excellent PC skills
* Be conversant with technical requirements for repair design
* Good interpersonal and communication skills including task leadership
* Ability to translate customer requirements into operational deliverables.
* Catia V5 skilled
* Up to £21.49 paye / £28.00 Ltd
* OUTSIDE IR35
* On-site parking
If you are interested in working for this amazing company, please apply online or contact Liam Hancock at Acorn, Newport.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.