A rare opportunity has arisen for a Quality and Technical Manager to join a market leading company in the Bristol area.
Expertise must include:
Five years experience within quality management working within a manufacturing packaging company
Manage and develop the Quality and Technical functions to deliver quality improvement and seamless handover of new business from central R&D and Commercial teams in line with the company objectives of "Perfect Service" & "Sustainable, Profitable Growth".
* Coordinate programmes for measurement and continuous improvement of quality.
* Assure competence and capability of employees within the quality & technical function.
* Establish quality systems and standards, which enable achievement of regulatory compliance and good manufacturing practices and anticipate the changing needs of customers, regulatory bodies and the business.
* Management representative responsible for the Integrated Management System (IMS)
* Manage quality and technical relationship with suppliers and customers.
* Guide quality and technical activities within the business, to assure the integrity of the product through all stages of manufacture and release.
* Coordinate technical & R&D activities that support the growth agenda.
* Coach Quality team in necessary competences for the function
* Administer quality systems, which adapt to the changing needs of the business, regulatory requirements and international standards
* Guide departments/personnel in understanding of quality & technical requirements specific to their role through audit programmes, incident investigation and training activities
* Evaluate and negotiate agreements that reflect business technical/quality capability and requirements with both supplier and customer
* Overview robust systems for product release/disposition of non-conforming material and management of stock with quality status and ensure business wide awareness for compliance
* Communication of specific quality & technical requirements to all parts of business as applicable
* Oversee the technical aspects of the Supplier Corrective Action (SCAR) system
* Oversee quality standards both for the business and for any third party manufacturers
* Ensure awareness and participation in specific activities related to GMP
* Analyse complaint, reject and audit data to recommend quality & technical improvement activities within business
* Delivery of monthly report
And also occasionally:
* Act as independent reviewer in validation of any project requiring compliance with mandatory standards
* Audit sites to mandatory standard ISO 11607:2007 Parts 1 & 2
Qualifications / requirements
* Minimum 5 year's experience in quality management positions ideally within packaging manufacturing on plant or corporate level
* Degree in a science, technology or engineering subject preferred
* Applied knowledge of Lean CI and change management methodology
* Excellent communication skills in a multi-national environment
* Able to manage international and complex projects
* Strong personality that is able to achieve demanding goals
* Good knowledge of working with spreadsheets and data bases
Working Monday to Friday.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.