Job Title: Head of HR & Organisational Development
Salary: Up to £60k
Acorn is searching for an experienced HR Leader to join an innovative public services organisation based in Plymouth as Head of Human Resources & Organisational Development.
The role has become available due to the imminent retirement of the incumbent Head of HR.
As Head of HR & Organisational Development, you will be responsible for implementing a new way of working across the business as the company respond to the post Covid - 19 business landscape. This will involve setting up sustainable & effective regular remote working across all the organisations office staff in addition to managing a backlog of facilities repair & maintenance work.
In addition to this you will be managing all aspects of day to day Human Resources across the business comprising of over 500 employees. The role comes with 13 direct reports and will be reporting only into the Director of Corporate Services and the Executive board.
* Working with other senior management staff & key stakeholders to design & implement a new way of working, including regular remote working for all office based employees, across the business in the post Covid - 19 world.
* Lead on employee engagement strategy and promote good employee relations and culture change throughout the organisation through a variety of platforms and methods.
* Overall responsibility for all day to day Human Resources functions including payroll, recruitment, holiday & sickness etc.
* Provide professional advice to the Executive and Senior Management Teams on any HR issue relating to structural change, new initiatives or partnering arrangements ensuring legal and regulatory requirements are met.
* Support the Chief Executive, Directors and Senior Managers by developing and implementing leading edge HR and organisational development strategies that enable and deliver our organisational objectives and cultural transformation.
We are looking for someone with the following experience:
* Experience of leading a Human Resources/Organisational
Development function within a complex, customer-facing multi-sited environment.
* Minimum CIPD qualified, ideally MCIPD.
* Previous experience managing Human Resources within a large organisation (200+ employees with 5+ direct reports), ideally within housing or a related sector.
* Previous experience managing implementation of a remote working strategy.
* Salary up to £60k.
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Flexitime working scheme.
This is a great opportunity to join a market leading company.
If you feel your experience would make you suitable for the role then please contact Ryan Harris at Acorn IT.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.