Job Role: Maintenance Engineer
Salary: Competitive salary + Benefits
Location: Mid Devon
Job Type: Permanent, Day Shift
Acorn Recruitment is working alongside a global company seeking a Maintenance Engineer for their site in Mid-Devon, England UK.
* Carry out planned preventative maintenance
* Liaising and assisting site departments by contribution to meetings
* Day to day machinery fault diagnosis and repairs
* Undertake, drive and support maintenance and improvement activities
* Developing SOPS
* Identify CI opportunities
* Work with the site Plant Optimisation tools to ensure sustainability of high departmental standards
* Review and develop safety and maintenance procedures
* Record all maintenance activities within maintenance management system (CRM)
* Maintenance prioritisation and planning
* Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
* Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
Key Skills, Experience and Competencies:
* Recognised apprenticeship, NVQ3 or equivalent engineering qualification
* Proven fault finding and maintenance of high speed production / filling equipment within a FMCG environment.
* Multi-disciplined engineer with knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and some PLC controls systems
* Good understanding of LEAN, Continuous Improvements, HACCP, Food Safety protocols.
* Proactive & self-managed engineer with a professional and a 'can do' attitude
* Good communication skills
* Good IT literacy and reporting using computerised maintenance systems
* The successful candidate will be required to attend 3 x 1 week training in Northern Europe within their first 3-6 months with the business.
* Competitive salary
* 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
* 8% Employer pension contribution
* Day shift 08.00am - 4.30pm
* Life Insurance
* Overtime offered at other sites in UK & Ireland
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.