Job Title: Production Operatives - Night Shift
Company: Acorn Recruitment on behalf of Pall Europe Ltd
Location: Ilfracombe, North Devon
Contract Type: Temporary to Permanent or Permanent
Hours: Full time - 12 hour shifts or 8 hour night shifts
Pay: £13.14 - £14.82 per hour (£9.88 Base rate + Shift allowance)
Acorn Recruitment are proudly working in partnership with Pall Europe Ltd recruiting Production Operatives for the Life Sciences site in Ilfracombe, North Devon.
Be part of the solution as a KEY WORKER, saving lives, manufacturing medical devices used within hospitals and in the fight again Covid-19.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a passionate, industrial global leader in Life Sciences in the North Devon area. If you want to work for a company where you can learn and grow to your full potential, and help to make a difference to the lives of others, keep reading.
What will the role involve?
* The manufacturing of filters operating machinery and also hand assembly of medical devices
* Assist in the full life cycle and production of medical grade filtration devices
* Carry out both visual and manual quality checks of all medical devices produced to ensure fit for purpose
* 50% of this role is accurate completion of audited pharmaceutical paperwork, so strong numeracy and literacy are essential
* Boxing and packaging of products
* Adhering to clean room procedures at all times
Shift patterns available:
* 12 hour night shifts, 1945pm-0745am. 4 nights working, followed by 4 nights off
* 8 hour night shifts, Mon-Thurs 23.45pm-07.45pm and Fri 21.45pm-04.45am
* 8 hour night shifts, Mon-Thurs 22.00pm-06.00am and Fri 20.00pm - 03.00am
* Previous experience within a manufacturing background is not essential for temp-perm roles
* To be considered for a permanent position you must have previous manufacturing experience
* Outstanding attention to detail, a common sense approach and great interpersonal skills
* When things get busy you'll be able to work under pressure, multi-task and 'muck in' as part of a team to achieve targets.
* Excellent standard of written and spoken communication
* High levels of dexterity
* Ability to stand for full shift minus paid breaks
What are the benefits?
* Industry leading rates of pay in North Devon
* PPE and Covid tests are all provided by Pall free of charge
* Pay grading system with scope for future pay increases
* 33 days leave per annum inclusive of bank holidays on 8 hour shifts
* 22 days leave per annum for 12 hour shifts
* Excellent career prospects through internal promotions and vacancies - Pall Europe advertise all permanent vacancies internally before advertising externally
* Access to a subsidised restaurant
* Free parking available and easily accessible via public transport
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.