Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - both PCR and RNA Extraction required
12 month contract
Shift working including days, nights and weekends on rotation
Between £44,200 and £52,156 DOE + 20% shift allowance
Our client is at the frontline of the fight against COVID-19 and require additional staff for their Greenfield site in Newport South Wales. Candidates will be offered 6 or 12 month initial contracts for the positions of Clinical Laboratory Supervisors both in PCR and RNA Extraction fields.
*Directing daily high complexity laboratory operations including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions
*Adhering to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses
*Managing and sharing daily workload; using time wisely and providing a productive atmosphere
*Developing, writing, reviewing and implementing procedures and policies.
*Preparing laboratory for inspections and preparing reports as needed
*Ensuring all instrument maintenance is performed and documented; administering all established quality control procedures and troubleshooting instruments effectively when appropriate.
*Assisting in the review, interpretation and reporting of complex and routine test results.
Assists in the development of new protocols in clinical research programs
*People Management and motivation, staff development and employee appraisals
* Relevant Qualifications in Biology or other relevant field
* Previous experience clinical molecular role particularly high throughout sample testing within PCR or RNA Extraction
* Hands on technical expertise in Infectious Disease Testing
* Experience in UK Lab rule and regulations e.g. ISO15189
* Previous Management or Leadership experience. Those with only training or mentoring experience will also be considered
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written reporting
* Must be a motivational and inspirational personality
* Must be completely flexible to work Days, Nights and Weekends on a shift rotation basis
* Must be physically fit to work in the lab and perform tasks. Being able to wear a face mask at all times is essential
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.