Clinical Laboratory Manager
12 month contract
Shift working including days, nights and weekends on rotation
Between £53,800 + 20% shift allowance
Our client is at the frontline of the fight against COVID-19 and require additional staff for their Greenfield site in Newport South Wales. Candidates will be offered 6 or 12 month initial contracts for the positions of Clinical Laboratory Manager. You will need to have extensive experience and have managed a large team of Lab Technicians, in addition to a relevant degree in Biology or related subject.
The candidate will be responsible for daily supervision of a high throughput clinical laboratory including oversight of laboratory technologists, testing processes, reviewing lab results, monitoring laboratory key performance indicators, quality metrics and the QC program.
*Manage the daily operations for your team of up to 50 laboratory personnel to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner.
*Develop and write operational procedures of which all personnel should adhere to
*Evaluate data for accuracy and verify any questionable finding with proper documentation, thorough investigation, and appropriate follow-through
*Prepare and manage laboratory budget
*Manage, lead, coach and develop all staff within your team to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity
* Degree educated in Biology or other relevant field
* Extensive experience in clinical molecular roles
* Extensive management experience of a large team of Lab Technicians
* Quality Assurance and Control experience in clinical diagnostics
* Must have excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written reporting
* Must be a motivational and inspirational personality
* Must be completely flexible to work Days, Nights and Weekends on a shift rotation basis
* Must be physically fit to work in a lab environment and perform tasks. Being able to wear a face mask at all times is essential
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.