Microbiology and Analytical laboratory supervisor
9 - 5 Days
£11 - £12 per hour
We are recruiting for a Microbiology and Analytical laboratory supervisor for the Supervision of Microbiology and Analytical technician team to ensure the effective and efficient analytical and microbiological inspection and testing of product components and finished goods to controlled specifications and test methods.
Organisation of analytical and microbiological inspection, sample collection, testing and release of product components and finished goods.
Computer skills - in order to maintain, store and process computerised data spreadsheets in the most efficient and easily understandable manner.
Accuracy - Ensuring all records are correct and complete.
Planning - The ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload to ensure that business requirements are met in a timely fashion.
* Co-ordinate Technician activity to ensure all tasks are prioritised appropriately.
* Liaise with internal departments (e.g. QA, including NPG and WWP) to ensure that test samples are received in a timely manner and thus testing is conducted within an appropriate timeframe.
* Inform Quality lead when the results of an inspection cause rejection, in a timely manner.
* Where appropriate, liaise with laboratory consumable suppliers with regards to delivery or quality issues.
* Liaise with engineering department & external equipment suppliers in event of equipment problems.
* Responsible for supervision of Micro and Analytical Technician team.
* Responsible for organising team to provide cover for holiday and sickness
* Ensuring that technician teams generate and maintain complete and accurate laboratory records.
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of and follow good / safe & hygienic laboratory working practice.
* Support Technicians with appropriate training and supervision.
* Ensure appropriate test methods are followed to ensure that product components and finished goods conform to required specifications.
* Ensure requirements of applicable laboratory accreditations are upheld.
* Management of calibration and maintenance of lab equipment
* Coordination of introduction of new lab equipment, consumables and methods.
* Ordering and management of laboratory consumables
* Coordination of any non-routine sampling and testing as required by new product or equipment introductions, customer requirements or site investigations.
* Management of laboratory proficiency testing.
* Experience in a supervisory role, with requirement of good organisational skills, good communication and record keeping skills.
* Understanding of Quality requirements and the operation of a quality system.
* Minimum of two years recent hands-on laboratory experience.
* Experience of the problems that may occur in an FMCG manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
* Understanding of NPI process.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.