Acorn is recruiting on behalf of our client who is looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join them on a permanent basis within their Pontypool office. You will be working within a small team for a family run property business and responsible for the accounting function of the business.
* Using the accounting software up to and including trial balance.
* Checking of invoices.
* Input data into accounts package for the whole accounting function.
* Pay suppliers by writing cheques or via bank - ensuring all credit periods are used to the business best advantage.
* Produce bank reconciliation statements regularly.
* Processing weekly and monthly payroll - up to 8 employees in total.
* Receive rent payments.
* Issue receipts.
* Take banking to the bank.
* Maintain the petty cash system.
* Maintain simple manual books to nacl up the accounting software.
* Credit control
* Liaising with accountants.
* General administration.
* Answering telephone enquiries.
* Experience of working within an accounts based role.
* Experience of using Farmplan or similar system would be advantageous.
* Experience of processing a weekly and monthly small payroll.
* Credit control experience.
* Previous property management experience an advantage
* Accuracy and methodical thinking
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Registration under rent smart wales, already existing or gained immediately after joining, is essential.
* AAT Qualification desirable not essential
* Paying a basic salary of £22 - 23,000 dep on skills and experience
* Monday to Friday working hours (8 am - 4 pm, 9 am - 5 pm or 10 am - 6pm - flexible approach with 1 hours lunch).
* Free parking on site.
* 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
* Pension plan
Apply today for immediate consideration.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.