Title: Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
Reports: To Clinical Lab Manager
Our client on the frontline of fighting Covid 19. The complete workflows with standardised equipment and kits are available to help labs address their SARS-CoV-2 testing challenges. We are recruiting staff for a 12 month fixed term contracts at a Lighthouse Laboratory based at Charnwood Campus Loughborough.
Seeking full-time Clinical Laboratory Supervisors. This is an exciting opportunity for an independent, creative, service-oriented individual to help build clinical sequencing laboratory services.
* Directing daily high complexity laboratory operations including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions;
* Demonstrating technical expertise.
* Contributing to good employee relationships and providing for staff development; performing employee performance appraisals.
* Adhering to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses.
* Managing and sharing daily workload; using time wisely and providing a productive atmosphere.
* Demonstrating through knowledge of test methodologies and quality control
* Developing, writing, reviewing and implementing procedures and policies.
* Preparing laboratory for inspections and preparing reports as needed.
* Maintaining good communication with leadership, team members and customers;
* Demonstrating an awareness of client expectations and seeking ways to always satisfy.
* Demonstrating proficiency in all laboratory computer related tasks and providing training to employees as necessary.
* Ensuring all instrument maintenance is performed and documented; administering all established quality control procedures and troubleshooting instruments effectively when appropriate.
* Assisting in the review, interpretation and reporting of complex and routine test results.
* Assists in the development of new protocols in clinical research programs.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in biology or related scientific discipline and a
* Minimum of 5 years of clinical molecular experience.
* HCPC accreditation preferred
* Previous Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
* Hands on technical expertise in Infectious Disease testing.
* Experience with high throughput sample testing esp with RNA Extraction and Real Time PCR
* Experience in UK lab rules and regulations e.g. ISO15189
* Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory. Weekend work may be required.
* Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
* Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
* Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
* Physical Demands:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
* Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
* Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
* Lift up to 25 lbs.
* Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
* Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory. Weekend rotation may be required.
* Travel is not required.
* Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
* Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.