Acorn is searching for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our client, a leading, privately owned business based in Dorset.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the purpose of the role is to ensure that the plant and machinery have high levels of availability and up-time whilst operating in a safe manner at all times.
Duties will include:
* Completion of assigned Mechanical & Electrical Reactive and preventative maintenance in a safe and timely manner
* Full compliancy at all times in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors to the site
* Responding to machine breakdowns, troubleshooting the issue and returning the machine /
equipment to production as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
* Investigating root cause analysis and resolving problems relating to machines, whilst
providing support for process and quality issues.
* Analysing machine performance and defining areas for continuous improvement.
* Contribute towards continuous improvement and development projects
* Prioritising work load as required
The successful application will have completed an engineering apprenticeship or equivalent. Have good interpersonal skills, a high degree of self-motivation with the ability to meet the demand of a fast paced food environment.
You must have strong understanding of Industrial Electronics. Knowledge in Control Panels / Systems variable speed drives, motors, low voltage DC, single and three phase wiring, etc. Good knowledge of pneumatic systems and hydraulics, strong fault finding and diagnosing skills and the ability to take action to ensure all issues are resolved.
Hours of work:Either late or early shift Monday to Friday.
Salary on offer is negotiable dependant on experience to offer coupled with an excellent benefits package expectant of a European leader.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.