Acorn is working in strategic partnership with Citizens Advice Swansea Neath Port Talbot to appoint a new Chief Executive that has solid experience of transformational leadership and has the ability to unite people behind a common vision through driving change. We are on the hunt for someone who is transparent, inclusive and authentic with a good understanding of the communities we serve with a great focus on our equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) goals.
This is an exciting opportunity for the new Chief Executive to develop and implement strategic priorities for the future direction of our services across the Swansea and Neath Port Talbot area.
This will be implemented working alongside the Board of Trustees, wider stakeholders, and an excellent team formed of staff and volunteers based on Wind Street, Swansea.
The Chief Executive will be:
- Accountable to the Board of Trustees and our Chair.
- Responsible for leading the development of Citizens Advice Swansea Neath Port Talbot Services across the communities of Swansea, Neath and Port Talbot.
Purpose of the role
To lead on a strategic vision that aims to ensure individuals and our communities are confident, knowledgeable and capable of meeting life's challenges. The Chief Executive will ensure that the organisation plays a leading role in the provision of comprehensive high quality services and areas of research and campaigns to benefit the people of Swansea and Neath Port Talbot directly but not exclusively. The Chief Executive will lead the development of our services throughout the wider area of benefit.
The Chief Executive will:
* Drive the implementation of a strategic plan in consultation with all relevant stakeholders
* Be the key ambassador for Citizens Advice Swansea Neath Port Talbot with all external stakeholders, media and funding bodies, including within the wider Citizens Advice service
* Identify and lead on a range of opportunities, as they occur, that contribute to the development of the organisation and the improvement of services to the local communities
* Support the development of the Trustee Board and the governance of Citizens Advice Swansea Neath Port Talbot
1. Knowledge of the strategic and policy environment in which the advice sector operates
2. Broad understanding of the operation of local and national government and the administration of public and legal services, including an understanding of commissioning and devolution in Wales
3. Demonstrable track record of financial management and budgetary control, with an ability to set and monitor a budget within the scope of the organisation's priorities, together with successful income generation, through fundraising, commissioning and marketing activities
4. Proven ability to devise and implement strategic development and resource plans, particularly in the areas of service development, staff development and the management of change
5. A good up to date understanding of equality and diversity and its application to service delivery, business development and the recruitment and management of staff and volunteers
6. Demonstrable understanding of the role of quality standards in ensuring effective service delivery
7. Clear understanding and experience of effective people management, including the ability to lead, develop, manage and motivate teams of staff and volunteers to ensure all staff are empowered and motivated to achieve their best
8. Ability to earn and maintain the trust of those people with whom the organisation deals, especially funding bodies and donors, including identifying partnership or other collaborative opportunities
9. Ability to lead and contribute to a senior management team, including the ability to cascade strategic objectives, plan and prioritise work, identify and develop ideas and opportunities; together with proven ability to lead internal change
10. The ability to commit to and work within the aims, principles and policies of Citizens Advice Swansea Neath Port Talbot
Ability to communicate in Welsh, or another community language
Interview and Assessment
Key dates to note for availability:
- Monday 7th December - Closing date
- Between Monday 11th - Friday 29th January - Interviews
Full role requirements, benefits and criteria is available in the Candidate Information Pack - apply to receive it or contact Pavan Arora at Acorn Recruitment.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.