Job Title: Trainee Law Costs Draftsman
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Requirements and details of the role:
We are currently recruiting a Trainee Costs Draftsman to join our clients existing Costs Team in East Manchester. The role will involve undertaking legal costing work for various departments at the firm, under the supervision of the Head of our Costs Team, mainly for our Childcare Team and Court of Protection Team.
Training will be provided, but the ideal candidate will:
* Have experience in preparing, submitting and processing all types of costs drafting work in legally aided family and childcare cases, to include experience of submitting such claims on the Legal Aid Agency's electronical portal.
* Have experience in preparing and submitting bills of costs for detailed assessment at Court.
* Ideally have some experience undertaking costs drafting work in Court of Protection cases.
* Be educated to at least a good standard at GCSE level (we will consider applications from candidates with a higher level of education).
* Have high level numeracy and literacy skills.
* Be able to work to deadlines/targets, and be capable of working on their own initiative and as part of the Team.
* Be IT literate with keyboard/typing skills, experience of Microsoft packages Word, Excel and Outlook.
No legal costings qualifications are required, but if the successful candidates wishes to pursue such qualifications/education, or is currently undertaking this, the firm will look to support the candidate in this regard.
Salary & Benefits:
* Salary is dependent upon experience Up to £25k
* 23 days annual holiday entitlement plus bank holidays.
* Benefits (following successful completion of trial period) include: contributory pension scheme, non-contributory death in service scheme, discretionary performance related annual bonus, loyalty holiday scheme, ability to purchase additional holidays, enhanced sickness pay.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.