Acorn is recruiting for a skilled Technician to work on an on-going temporary basis in mid-Cornwall.
The role is temporary ongoing with full-time hours however potentially could become permanent in the future. This role will require you to work the continental day shift (4 days on 4 days off - working from 6am till 6pm). Of which our client is paying £15.85ph
Knowledge & Key Skills:
* Have a good understanding and practical experience in maintaining mechanical, pneumatics, and electrical systems related to a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with PLC programs & Vision Systems is advantageous but not essential.
* Possess and can demonstrate mechanical, pneumatic and electrical problem solving skills.
* Ability to effectively train Production & Engineering personnel.
* The ability to solve problems in a structured and logical manner, driving to root cause.
* Good interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively both within the Technical Team and within Operations.
* Works on own initiative, self-motivated and acts with a sense of urgency to support Operations.
* Ability to work well within a team environment and support Department goals and objectives.
* PC literate in key Microsoft Office applications.
* Possess a thorough understanding around the importance of Safety and Quality.
Preferred Previous Experience:
* Practical experience in the repair and maintenance of high volume manufacturing lines.
* Practical experience with Overall Equipment Effectives (OEE), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
* Proven background in a technical support / maintenance role.
In exchange for your time and experience our client will offer:
* Free parking.
* Large subsidised canteen.
* Uniform and safety clothing provided.
* Friendly working environment.
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join the Technical department at a highly regarding factory based on the North Cornish Coast. For the right person this role could come with fantastic career progression.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.