£29k - £31k
Acorn have an exciting opportunity for an Inventory Manager for a large client based at their site in High Peak, Derbyshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate with strong SAP, MRP and Warehousing experience. Our client, is a first class manufacturing company that supply a number of different industries with materials for production processes.
Through effective organisation, control and utilisation of all data and labour resources, ensure that material flows into and from the compounds department are streamlined to provide full accountability of usage and production.
Checking and validating all physical material movements and SAP transactions to ensure that material movements and accounting is completed in a thorough and timely manner. Oversight of the SAP material movement reports and looking for anomalies and eliminating the source of data and physical accounting errors.
Continuously developing the material movement strategy on site working closely with a view to reducing material movement, reducing traffic congestion and conflict and close cooperation with the Melton Mowbray stock team, accounts, off site warehouse facilities, logistics and compounding.
Responsible for two staff members over a 16hr shift, ensuring absence, holidays, disciplinary, appraisals and individual training plans are established, and targets met.
* Ensure that Daily and weekly material demands are understood and clarified
* Ensure that materials are supplied in good condition and quality into the production environment.
* Responsible for data entry and stock movements within SAP
* Managing the movement into and out of Kanbans and pre-kit areas, verifying quantities of issue and return vs SAP transactions.
* Running control reports at the specified intervals to check the health of the system
* Understanding the material usages over a specified manufacturing period and agreeing the supply and return strategy on a daily basis with the transport team
* Reviewing flt movements and suggesting strategies to reduce FLT traffic
* Conducting Cycle counts and SAP movement reports to ensure that physical stock movements and SAP movements are aligned
* Challenging poor standards of supply and return of material.
* Identification of runners/repeaters, lineside stock items, Kanban items and defining the material storage strategy for the site
* Minimum 3-5 years leading people.
* Must be able to positively influence and build good working relationships with people at all levels of the organisation.
* Must be able to demonstrate a flexible management style.
* Must be able to plan and organise activities of self and team, to achieve balance of proactive and reactive tasks.
* Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Must be able to demonstrate a flexible and adaptable work ethic.
* Must be able to challenge direction provided within a fast developing and new area of control in a constructive manner
* Workplace Practical experience of SAP at senior user level with knowledge of MRP and warehousing
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.