£30.70 per hour PAYE
£40 per hour Ltd 6-12 months
A vacancy for a Commodity Manager has arisen with our Aerospace client in Portsmouth. Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Define, develop, implement and manage a commodity strategy for equipment sourcing, including risk management, to optimising the value for money to meet the requirements of the internal business lines. This shall be achieved through a Multi-Functional Team (MFT) approach.
* Manage the overall business relationship with suppliers.
* Define and lead the supplier selection process.
* Manage the contracting phase or the sourcing phase and monitor global supplier performance
* Monitor / evaluate global supplier performance, and lead development plans with suppliers.
* Leads and contributes to Procurement / Value Creation projects and initiatives that aim at delivering the synergies and savings
* Lead the sourcing phase and supplier selection process.
* Provide equipment supply cost commitments to business proposals
* Lead supplier negotiation for your Commodity.
* Lead Multi-Functional Teams (MFT) for the commodity including improvement and cost-saving initiatives with supplier and specification optimisation.
* Develop market intelligence and maintain database.
* Establish, implement and monitor a Commodity strategy.
* Set-up and negotiate contractual agreements, with Procurement Contract support, including one-offs or spot buying or amendments, including waiver and claim management.
* Lead Supplier Evaluation Development (SED) and Vendor Management, manage supplier's relationship and defines action plan to develop strategic suppliers.
* Commodity and / or equipment procurement or project management within defence / space environment.
* Contract negotiation.
* Supplier development and relationships.
* Understand RF/Microwave Engineering (desirable, not essential).
* Interpersonal skills to drive projects within a cross-functional environment.
* Proactive attitude.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Strategic thinking.
* Strong networking and relationship building skills.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to apply for some levels of UK Security Clearance (SC desirable)
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly (when safe to do so).
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.