ASSISTANT PROJECT TECHNICIAN
REPORTING TO PROJECT ENGINEER
SHORT TERM CONTRACT - MAY LEAD TO PERMANENT
Due to continued expansion our client, a global manufacturer within the Utilities industry, is looking to recruit a self-motivated, driven and technically minded individual to join their company.
The successful candidate will be primarily covering the South Wales area. Company Vehicle and all expenses are covered.
The role purpose:
A key member of the Operations Team, supporting the Project Team in the roll out of the company survey system within the UK Water Industry. The candidate will be trained in a variety of technical skills all based around leak detection and location. Responsibilities will include liaising with Water Company representatives, site surveys, equipment installation and retrieval, maintenance of survey equipment, ongoing service support, compliance with company policies and procedures for safety and quality ultimately to ensure complete client satisfaction.
Travelling and working away will be required in this role.
Key Duties and accountabilities:
* Carry out all survey, installation and retrieval work in accordance with the company's Policies and Procedures, Health and Safety legislation and Environmental Standards
* Setting up and downloading survey devices and providing data to analysts
* Maintenance and stock control of survey devices
* Liaison with the company Project Team and with client representatives
* Ensure that all work undertaken is with the "Right First Time - Every Time" philosophy and ensure client satisfaction with the complete company service
* Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and on time, including the use of android based applications used to collect information from site
* Ensure all company workwear and PPE is worn and used, company vehicle is kept in a clean, tidy and well organised fashion and always promote a professional image on site
* Occasional "out of hours" work may be required to complete specific tasks.
Operating Environment and behaviours:
* To operate in an open and even handed manner with all personnel across the business. Treat others with courtesy, and respect
* To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working
* Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image always
* To take personal responsibility and accountability for actions
* Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and contribute to a working environment that is considerate and supportive to all.
* Uphold company equal opportunities policies and practices ensuring its understanding and implementation by any staff that you may supervise.
* This is an outdoor and sometimes physically demanding role.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
* Technically minded
* Strong communication skills
* IT skills
* Valid UK Clean Driving Licence
Ideally the successful candidate will have previous experience in this field of expertise however a recent graduate who is technically minded with strong communication and IT skills will be considered.
NRASWA, Confined Space Accreditation and a Valid National Water Hygiene Certificate would be a distinct advantage.
FULL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday - 40 per week.
Basic salary £19,760 pro rata
To apply, please send your CV to Rachel.Sheehy@acornpeople.com TODAY. For an informal chat, please call Rachel Sheehy on 07769 142337.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.