Acorn Recruitment is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Projects Engineer join the project team on a temporary contract possibly 18 months.
Knowledge & Key Skills:
* Knowledge & experience in developing and purchasing new equipment/processes
* Experience in problem solving techniques
* Experience in process improvements
* Understanding of validation procedures and techniques, e.g. Process, FMEA, Ishikawa diagrams, Pareto analysis, parts and process capability studies.
* Able to create and conduct Factory Acceptance Tests and validation (IQ, OQ and PQ) documents for processes and equipment validations
* Competent with Microsoft Office applications, Minitab and knowledge of SAP an advantage.
* Ability to work as a team member or to lead teams towards completion of new equipment projects.
* Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
* Able to work under pressure to fixed deadlines.
* Knowledge of workshop and Health & Safety working practices.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
Essential Qualifications / Education:
* Formal Engineering Qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) or min 3 years subsequent experience in similar project/mechanical engineering role
* Any formal training and qualification in Six Sigma techniques would be an advantage.
Essential Previous Experience:
* Purchase of new process equipment from conception through to production hand over.
* Able to work alongside team and with vendors to meet tight deadlines in a regulated environment.
* Project management experience would be an advantage but not essential
* Introduce new equipment / processes to meet current and future demand working closely with the current MEP team, site functions and suppliers.
* Provide progress reports as part of Manufacturing Engineer projects
* Write & execute validation protocols for FAT, IQ, OQ, PQ.
* Collate and provide quality performance data in support of new product process introductions and be able to present data to sponsors for approval.
* Liaise with suppliers of equipment to meet deadlines.
* Take part in "focus team meetings" on new processes - be prepared to present details for individual projects.
* Control and retention of all Manufacturing Design Documents.
* Be prepared to travel for process validations/approvals if required.
Please apply online today!
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.