£45K - £60K plus benefits
Acorn is looking to recruit an experienced and forward thinking Engineering Manager to lead and manage the development and delivery of the company's engineering and new product development strategy to meet business plan goals, responsible for budget management and control.
1. Principal Accountabilities:
* Responsible to the Board for determining and executing the company's engineering and technology strategy and plans to ensure that it is able to meet short to medium term business plan goals for new product developments.
* Act as the company's senior point of contact for all customers on engineering and technology matters.
* Day-to-day management of the engineering team to meet or exceed business plan goals for new product developments, providing coaching mentoring and support.
* Full P&L budget responsibility for the engineering, research and development functions.
* Act as the ultimate design authority for all company products, advising the development teams on design issues from concept to realisation phases.
* Act as the content owner and ultimate authority for all technical documentation including:
* Technical specifications
* Product Bill of Materials o Product and Service manuals
Ensuring the consistency and accuracy of product related data
* Ensure the effective hand over of new products to Operations, including accurate technical documentation, prototypes and the delivery of specialist product training to internal engineers as required.
* Oversee Project Management of development projects from concept to conclusion in-line with ISO9001 requirements and company SOPs. o Ensure projects are planned and scheduled with timelines, milestones and resources using appropriate tools
* Communicate requirements to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, resolving conflicts to achieve optimum delivery of multiple projects
* Maintain an awareness of developments in key enabling technologies relevant to core business activities.
* Maintain an understanding of R&D funding and grants available from Welsh and UK government for all stages of research from initial feasibility studies through to product development and commercialisation. Take responsibility for applying for and maximising research grant income in support of company projects.
* Identify, establish, develop and grow relationships with key third parties including
University research departments and industrial partners vital to the success of the Company's engineering activities
2. Job Specific Skills / Personal Qualities and Experience:
This is a senior engineering role within the company reporting to the CEO and working closely with Board members as well as the Engineering and Research teams to ensure the delivery of critical new product development projects to specification on time and on budget.
* Qualified to degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Science, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
* Proven ability to manage and energise a team with varied skills and levels of experience to design new, and improve existing concepts and products
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects in parallel using standard project management tools and to engage with internal and external contacts at all levels on complex design and development projects, products and programmes
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.