IT Technician, IT Support, Helpdesk, IT / Manufacturing
Job Title: IT Technician
Salary: Up to £21,500 (DOE) plus 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), 5% Employer Pension Contribution, Life Assurance (X4) and much more
Location: North Devon
Acorn Recruitment is working in connection with a rapidly expanding manufacturing client in search of a talented IT Technician to ensure the groups IT functions correctly, and to provide support or training when and where necessary . . .
The role in summary - The successful candidate will be able to diagnose, repair and maintain hardware and software components to ensure the smooth running of computer systems. IT Technician responsibilities include installing and configuring computer hardware and being the primary point of contact for IT support within the business.
Key Tasks of the Role:
* Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
* Install and configure appropriate software according to specifications
* Maintain local networks to ensure it functions correctly
* Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
* Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
* IT troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
* Monitor business critical IT services and provide alerts to the necessary parties when needed
* Administer the group wide Office 365 cloud environment
* Ensure backups are ran regularly and check the integrity of backups
* Administering group wide Solidworks installation and provide training to new users
Essential Experience Required:
* Experience of working in a similar IT based role
* Experience of delivering rapid results-based solutions to internal and external users
* In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server environments
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 cloud environment
* Knowledge of DNS, DHCP and Active Directory
If you feel your experience can fulfil this role and you are interested in working for a fantastic company, please send a recent copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07775 407334 and speak to Daniel Thompson (Senior Consultant) for a totally relaxed and strictly confidential chat.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.