Commissioning Engineer required to support all Up Stream Process (Bioreactor, etc) and Down Stream Process (Depth Filters, Mixers, etc) projects to ensure execution in accordance to Biotech PASS KPIs: according to specification, on time and within budget. This in close cooperation with other company entities.
Being involved in pre-FAT and / or FAT phase. Responsible and accountable for smooth execution of installation, SAT & IVOV with minimal punch item lists and final project closure.
* Relevant technical apprenticeship in order to perform a installation, SAT & IVOV of the, Bioreactor and / or Mixer in the biopharmaceutical industry.
* Detailed knowledge of apertures, fittings, valves, measuring devices and electrical installation is a must.
* Cross trained in electrical / instrumentation / mechanical & automation aspects is essential.
* Engineering degree / Formal Technician higher education
* Fluent in English
* Communication skills allowing working in the team (internally as well as with the customer), including multiculture environment.
* A minimum 3 years of experience in engineering and / or servicing or similar position within the pharmaceutical market.
* Past experience with upstream equipment and / or mixing technology
* Ability to support pre-FAT and FAT as activities executed by others (joined team effort)
* Ability to work independently as well as in the team, under time pressure, being on customer site
* Being able and capable to prepare offers to internal & external customers for needed support
* Being able and capable to work in multidisciplinary teams (manufacturing, quality, engineering, R&D, commercial, others) to investigate issues found as well as optimize products to prevent re-occurrence in the future
* Knowledge and understanding of high level automation aspects (controllers, alarms & warnings, reporting, Part 11 compliance, etc.)
* Ability and willingness to work in a multinational and interdisciplinary team with a high degree of travelling
* Ability to communicate effectively on technical / engineering issues internally as well as with the customer
* To work safely and to comply with the company's health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures. (Mandatory- Do not Remove)
* Must be prepared to travel and work in unsociable hours when required (overtime, shift work, weekend & holiday work)
* Current driving license
* Current Passport holder - clear right to work in the UK
* To be able to travel on short notice, if required only: home country and abroad
* Able to work away from home for extended durations
* Located in Portsmouth, UK and Scotland
* Capability to work in multicultural environment & built multicultural teams, including understanding for cultural differences
* Capability to work under time pressure & various environments
* Computer skills in regards to general usage (Windows, Outlook, MS Office, etc)
Minimum of a 6 months contract. Hours of work are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (some flexibility)
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.