Project Procurement Manager
12 month Contract
Defence or Telecoms industry background
£34.54 per hour PAYE,£45 Ltd Co.
Can be based out of Newport, Stevenage or Portsmouth
Our client, a global company, is looking for a Project Procurement Manager to join their team on a 12 month contract.
In this role, you will represent the whole Procurement organisation in front of programmes, ensuring coherence between programmes & procurement matters and as such define and agree the appropriate procurement approach.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Your Tasks and Responsibilities in this role will include:
* Acting as the focal point towards the Product Line / Project for all procurement / purchasing matters
* Coordinating the Supply Management functions supporting bids and projects including: Procurement Contract Management, Commodity Management, Supply Chain Operations, Supply Chain Quality, Supplier Development
* Develop the sourcing strategies and liaise with Commodity Management for the sourcing of all project items
* Ensure that purchasing processes are correctly and consistently applied
* Facilitate the exchange of information and lessons learnt between projects
* Issuing of Supply Management consolidated reports to the Project / Product Line
* Consolidate Procurement action plan & deliverables, by respecting milestones and delivering on quality, on time and on cost for supplied products and/or services in line with requirements.
* Proven experience and knowledge in a Supply Chain / Procurement role working in a telecoms or defence environment
* Previous experience of working on large multi-discipline projects
* Experience of Project Management and Supplier Development
* Excellent Communication Skills, able to influence and negotiate with both internal and external interfaces
* Negotiation level English
* Knowledge and experience of using SAP would be of interest
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.