Cost & Controlling Accountant
8 month contract
£26.87 PAYE/£35 Ltd Co.
Our global client is currently looking for a Cost and Controlling Accountant to join their team in Stevenage on an 8 month contract.
Reporting to the Team Leader in Cost Accounting & Control, this role is to coordinate the provision of Financial Planning, Analysis and Controlling for Business Management, working with eight and nine figure budgets
The role is a wide ranging one that requires interaction with individuals both in UK and Central controllers.
The role requires coordination, preparation and reporting of data across the relevant Business Areas, requiring communication with a diverse selection of individuals from Cost Centre Managers to Business Managers within the UK and the respective Central Controllers
* Coordination, preparation, analysis and reporting of Monthly Management Accounts for assigned Business Areas
* Work is to be delivered in a timely and accurate manner to Central Controlling - adhering to IFRS / GAAP, and monthly cost centre reviews are carried out with the relevant managers
* Management accounting data is analysed and reported to both UK management and Central Controllers, highlighting any business and financial risks and opportunities, providing key data to ensure business goals are achieved .The Business is provided with a high level of financial support and analysis to ensure that financial consideration is given in all business decisions
* Helping to prepare price audit data and Hourly Rate data for UK MOD / ESA
* Assist in controlling, analysis and reporting of CAPEX
* Central controlling initiatives and new information requirements are supported
* Preparation and analysis of Internal Controls (segregation of duties analysis)
Skills / Experience Required
* Strong experience in a similar role
* SAP experience essential
* UK National due to potential restricted access to UK ERP systems
* Detailed experience of Management & Financial Accounting
* Ability to coordinate and communicate within a complex business model, across all levels of the organisation
* Experience of supporting and analysing business decision making
* Microsoft Office - with Excel to an advanced level as an essential
* Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines whilst maintaining high quality of output
* Must have the ability to work effectively from home when required during the COVID crisis
* Priority will be given to candidates who are deemed SC Clearable
* Free parking is provided for this role in a municipal car park located approximately fifteen minutes' walk from site.
This role is within scope of IR35 rules.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.