A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Procurement Controller to join our well-established company in Plymouth Devon.
This is a permanent role from day one and would be working Monday to Friday, 08.30- 16.30pm.
If you have previous experience of ERP/MRP systems, preferably on Sage 200 and experience of procurement and/or production planning in a food manufacturing industry we want to hear from you ASAP.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Ensure Purchase Orders are raised correctly first time, using the approved supplier database and pricing agreements in place.
* Liaise and work closely with the Supply Chain Manager to monitor stock levels of raw materials and packing materials to ensure correct amounts are purchased and available 24 hours prior to being required on the production plan.
* Ensure all suppliers who fail to deliver materials or 3rd party products on specified delivery dates, are chased until resolved.
* Track and monitor Supplier performance and hold them to account.
* Manage and maintain the company's raw materials records to ensure integrity and accuracy.
* Implement improvement processes to reduce inventory, minimise cost and maximise working capital.
* Work closely with the Purchase Ledger Administrator to resolve any anomalies via investigations.
* Work effectively and efficiently with cross-functional teams, including those from NPD, Technical, Operations, Warehouse, Sales and Production.
* To learn basic duties of the roles within the Supply Chain environment, in line with the company's processes and procedures.
* To produce reports and statistics to measure KPIs - Key Performance Indicators, to demonstrate the company is achieving key business objectives.
* Arrange supplier meetings onsite as and when required.
* Take on ad-hoc projects from the Director of Operations to run alongside daily work being carried out.
* Report all staff absences for North Road site by following the correct practice.
* Interview staff returning to work from absence and ensuring the 'Return to Work' document has been completed correctly and fully.
* Create a good impression of The Bay Tree at all times and adhere to company rules and standards, including when working or travelling off-site.
In exchange, you will be offered a generous benefits package as well as the opportunity to work for a family run business which values its employees.
The salary is £19.000 If you want to find out more apply now!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.